Friday, September 26, 2008

Smiley Riley

For the first time, last night, I am certain Riley smiled at me on purpose. For about a week now I could just see a smile waiting to burst out and reveal itself. A couple times she would smile but I couldn't be sure if she meant to do it, or if it was just one of those goofy newborn smiles attributed to gas. The kind where they smile and simultaneously roll their eyes into the back of their head in a sleepy state, you know what I'm talking about. But, last night I came home from a gathering and held her and she cooed "Hello mom, so nice to see you again." I responded with "Hello my pretty girl!" and then she smiled. I was able to talk a couple more smiles out of her before she reverted back to her usual crying, which sounded something like: "My stomach hurts mom!!!" I am hoping to be able to post a picture of her toothless grin soon.

No comments: